Monday, June 22, 2009

Update!





Just thought I had better put an update on here on the fam. Declan is still up at the hospital. It has been just over two weeks now but they told us to not plan on having him home until his due date which is not until July 9th. He is doing awesome though. He needs to eat 64mLs per meal for 24 hours straight and get off of his oxygen before he can come home. He has been on and off the oxygen for a couple of days now and we are hoping he will be off it for good in the next day or so. He also ate 5 full meals in a row yesterday (he needs to do 8) but I think he got a lazy nurse who would rather gavage (tube feed) then take the time to help him eat and so he didn't finish his meals through the night and had to start over. He's doing awesome though and we are ready to have him home!

4 comments:

  1. He looks great and so do you!!! Keep us all updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys are doing well! It is hard having your baby in the NICU and hard seeing them hooked up to everything! I hope Declan gets to come home soon! Also, will you guys invite me again to your blog? This is Julie, not Melissa

    jules_vern15@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that he is home!! I cant wait to see more pictures and I will be in Idaho the week of the 11th! Cant wait to see BOTH of my boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your doing ok with Tyler gone! Just wanted you to know WE are thinking of you guys.
    Any new pics for aunt Aubrey???

    ReplyDelete