Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween!!... costume

So this year I decided to be ambitious and make Carson's halloween costume myself. I went and selected a pattern and anxiously got started. Little did I know how much of a pain in the but it would turn out to be. Luckily I withstood the temptation to quit and buy one that is already made and finished it. It took me 4 grueling days to get it done but I wouldn't wish it any other way. Plus since I put so much work into it Carson is going to have to wear it at least once a week and he will probably also be a lion next year (don't worry I tried it on my niece Keilah who is 2 and it fit her just fine) unless I feel like being ambitious again... we'll see :D

This is what I had done after 2 days...

And the finished product...

What he will look like in a year... (only more manly and less fuzzy :D )

5 comments:

  1. sammy!!! all I can say is WOW! you did such a great job and he is so dang cute! I cant wait to see you guys next month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! It is seriously the cutest costume I've seen in a long time. I love the mane, it must have taken you forever. I am so jealous of your sewing skills! Do you have your own sewing machine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so cute and he looks adorable in it! Good work, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for us Grams! And yeah Melissa my Grandma just got me a new sewing machine and that's what I used to make it. Before I borrowed hers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh, Sammy! That's awesome! I'm so jealous of your craftiness! {by the way, I found your blog from sheena daniels. How do you know her?!} {and by the way again, this is kim :cowley: miller}

    ReplyDelete